The Okanagan Valley is home to some of the best flower farms in Canada! Here are 11 wonderful flower farms in the Okanagan Valley that offer fresh, locally-grown flowers and ornamental plants.
Okanagan-grown fresh flowers are generally in-season from May to October. Most flower farms in the Okanagan are in the northern half of the valley (roughly centered around the town of Armstrong), due to the extreme summer heat in the southern end of the valley. Note that some of these flower farms are private studios, and may not be open for farm visits.
1. CC Bloom Flower Farm
CC Bloom Flower Farm is located along Highway 97A, between Armstrong and Enderby. The shop is known for its pretty white workshop building, gorgeous roses, and floral workshops. CC Bloom is owned and operated by farmer florist Candice Prato. The shop is typically open Wednesday-Saturday (check the website for current hours).
- Location: 5258 Hwy 97A, Armstrong, BC, V0E 1B8
- Website: https://www.ccbloomflowerfarm.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ccbloomflowerfarm/
2. Shenandoah Knoll Flower Farm
Shenandoah Knoll is a flower farm located off Highway 97A, between Vernon and Armstrong. This farm is known for its vibrant blooms, specialty varieties, and custom arrangements for local businesses. Shenandoah Knoll is owned and operated by Ornamental Horticulturalist and farmer florist Christine Peckham.
- Location: 403 Pineridge Road, Armstrong, BC, V0E 1B6
- Website: https://shenandoahknoll.com/
3. Hartwood North Flower Farm
Hartwood North is a flower farm and farmer florist located in the countryside area of Spallumcheen around the town of Armstrong. Hartwood North is known for its certified organic flowers, rolling fields of lavender, pretty farmers market booths, and floral design for local events. Hartwood North Flower Farm is owned and operated by Wendy Armstrong-Taylor and Malcolm Taylor.
“We grow over 50 varieties of certified organic flowers, and are always trying out new colours and cultivars. We harvest and process our flowers according to the optimum time and method for each variety, ensuring that they arrive at their destination in the freshest condition possible to prolong vase life.”What We Grow, Hartwood North Flower Farm
- Location: 4462 Salmon River Road, Armstrong, BC, V0E 1B4
- Website: https://www.hartwoodnorthfarm.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hartwoodnorthfarm/
4. Moss + Mirth Farm
Moss + Mirth Farm is a certified organic flower farm located in the rural area of Spallumcheen, BC, outside of the town of Armstrong. Moss + Mirth is known for colourful, dramatic bouquets – especially their stunning dahlias (over 300 varieties)!
The farm offers wholesale bulk dahlias, buckets of fresh flowers for weddings, as well as market bouquets (sold at a local farmers market and through their website and CSA). Dahlia tubers are also available for purchase from their website for shipping to customers all across Canada. Moss + Mirth Farm is operated by farmer florist Aubrey Sanjenko.
- Location: Back Enderby Road, Armstrong, BC, V0E 1B8
- Website: https://www.mossandmirthfarm.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mossandmirthfarm/
5. Early Bird Blooms
Early Bird Blooms Flower Farm is located on Schubert Road, in the rural countryside between Armstrong & Enderby. Early Bird Blooms is known for their sustainably grown flowers as well as their market bouquets and fresh flower subscription service. Early Bird Blooms is operated by farmer florist Janet Reimer.
- Location: 5008 Schubert Road, Armstrong, BC, V0E 1B4
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Early-Bird-Blooms-109034717539488/
6. Blumen Fields Flower Farm
Blumen Fields Flower Farm is located along Enderby-Mabel Lake Road, about five minutes east of Enderby. Blumen Fields is known for their specialty & heirloom varieties as well as their weekly and bi-weekly subscription packages. Blumen Fields is operated by flower farmer Nadine Charlton.
- Location: 759 Enderby Mabel Lake Road Enderby, BC, V0E 1V4
- Website: https://www.blumenfields.ca/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/blumenfieldsflowerfarm/
7. Little Flora Gem – An Okanagan Flower Farm
Little Flora Gem is a flower farm and studio located on Trinity Valley Road, about 15 minutes east of Enderby. This cut-flower farm is known for its nature-inspired bouquets, sustainable growing techniques, and whimsical garden style. Little Flora Gem is owned and operated by Paris-trained farmer florist Jessica Miedema.
“At Little Flora Gem we use flowers, foliage, herbs and foraged treasures from our farm in the beautiful North Okanagan and let the fields and forests around us inspire our design process. We DO NOT use floral foam, glitter or other additives.”
- Location: 3315 Trinity Valley Rd, Enderby, BC, V0E 1V5
- Website: https://littlefloragem.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/littlefloragem/
8. BackCountry Blooms Flower Farm
BackCountry Blooms is a flower farm located on Horner Road south of Hwy 6, between Lavington and Lumby. This flower farm is well-known for its custom florals, but also the market bouquets frequently sold at specialty grocers like Butcher Boys and Nature’s Fare (both in Vernon). BackCountry Blooms is operated by Amie and Molly Bengtson.
- Location: Horner Rd, Lumby, BC, V0E 2G7
- Website: https://www.backcountryblooms.ca/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/backcountryblooms/
9. Farm & Flower Co.
Farm & Flower Co. is a flower farm located in the countryside between Vernon & Armstrong. This farm is known for its specialty tulips, flower bouquet subscriptions, and Saturday roadside flower stand. Farm & Flower Co. is operated by farmer florist Yolanda Vanderhorst.
“Home grown in the beautiful Okanagan valley, these fresh seasonal blooms will brighten yours or someone else’s day. Our flowers are grown sustainably with no pesticides or other harsh chemicals, so take a deep breath and enjoy!”Farm & Flower Co.
- Location: 4484 Larkin X Road, Armstrong, BC, V0E 1B6
- Website: https://farmandflowerco.ca/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/farm_and_flower_co/
10. Orchard Green Farms
Orchard Green Farms is a family flower farm located in the BX area of Vernon. Orchard Green is known for their dahlias (and dahlia tubers for home growers), peonies, and special event floral arrangements. Orchard Green Farms is owned and operated by Madeline and Amy Fehr.
- Location: 5627 L&A Road, Vernon, BC, V1B 3P7
- Website: https://www.orchardgreenfarms.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/orchardgreenfarms/
11. Lavender and Lace Floral Farm & Design
Lavender and Lace Floral Farm & Design is located on the south side of Kelowna. This urban flower farm is known for their stylish floral arrangements, CSA flower subscriptions, and stunning wedding flowers. Lavender and Lace Floral Farm & Design is operated by farmer florist Kristen Moore.
- Location: 3609 Gordon Drive, Kelowna BC, V1W 4M8
- Website: https://www.lavenderandlace.ca/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lavenderandlacefloralfarm/
12. (Coming Soon) Bloom Tulip Farm
Bloom, the Abbotsford Tulip Festival, is currently in the process of relocating to the Okanagan Valley! Third-generation flower farmer Alexis Szarek moved to the Okanagan in late 2020, with planting scheduled for autumn 2021. We look forward to enjoying Alexis’ blooming tulips next spring!